Article Writing Exercises
English Grammar, Vocabulary and Writing Practice
There are only three articles used in the English language: "a, an & the".
Link to How to Use English Articles in Sentences
There are two types of articles: indefinite 'a' & 'an' and definite 'the'.
For these exercises we are not including: Partitive, Negative or Zero articles.
Use the instructions in the How to Use English Articles in Sentences Lesson.
Select the correct article to complete the sentence.
1. ___ Articles Card 1 contains three English articles.
2. ___ children knew ___ fastest way home.
3. English grammar has rules and ___ set of exemptions.
4. __ English sentence contains ___ idea or ___ complete thought.
5. ___ indefinite article indicates that its noun is not yet __ particular one.
6. She had __ house so large that __ cartographer would get lost without ___ map.
7. Articles specify __ grammatical definiteness of ___ noun, in some languages extending to volume or numerical scope.
8. Among ___ classical parts of speech, articles are considered ___ special category of adjectives.
9. Some modern linguists prefer to classify all ___ articles within ___ separate part of speech called determiners.
10. ___ obligatory nature of English language articles makes them among ___ most used words.
11. I will visit ___ friend of mine in ___ United States.
12. At 10 this morning there was ___ phone call from your brother.
13. ___ Eat Pray Love book became ___ movie.
14. I watch ___ news on TV every morning.
15. I was ___ only person who had ___ umbrella at the time.
16. ___ few people will remain here until ___ end.
17. She likes to do gardening on ___ weekend.
18. We should make sure if ___ information we have is correct.
19. I bought these shoes at ___ sale.
20. I visit my grandparents at least once ___ year.
The Sentence Master word cards can be used as an English language: game, quiz, exercise, assignment, test,
exam, puzzle, competition, practice questions, practice problems, skill assessment or evaluation tool.
The Sentence Master word cards can also be used as a basis for English language vocabulary practice, learning
new vocabulary, discussing English language context, comparing and contrasting vocabulary and meaning in sentences.
Links to English Writing Exercise Answers
Link to Sentence Master English grammar one word card writing exercise answers.
Link to Sentence Master English grammar 2, 3 and 4 Word Card writing exercise answers.
Sentence Master Practice Word Cards
Practice your English with friends, family and classmates. Play writing games and have fun while learning. Use
the practice word cards to create millions of English sentences, clauses and phrases.
You can buy the Blueprint for English eBook which includes the practice word cards and download it right away at Lulu.
Use this link - Yes it is faster and cheaper and includes more.
You get: SentenceMaster Conjunction Cards, Article Cards, Verb Cards, Noun Cards,
Pronoun Cards, Preposition Cards, Adverb Cards, Adjective Cards and some free bonus word cards.
Sentence Master Game Information
Sentence Master Rules -
Sentence Master Contests -
Practice Word Cards
English Language Writing Grammar Vocabulary Practice
Writing Exercises -
Sentence Challenges -
Sentence Grid Quiz -
Celebrity Sentences -
Answers Part 1 -
Answers Part 2
English Language Education Links
How to Write Sentences -
Grammar Glossary -
Grammar Summary -
Study English Links -
Education Links -
Sentence Master Site Information
Sentence Master Home -
Page Directory -
Text Sitemap -
News Blog -