Sentence Master Home
Free Writing Practice
Sentence Grid Quiz
Sentence Master Rules
Sentence Master Contests
How to Write Sentences
Study English Links
Follow us !
Quick Directory Links
Free English Class
Homestay in Canada
English Grammar Article Writing Exercises
There are only three articles used in the English language: "a, an & the".
There are two types of articles: indefinite 'a' & 'an' and definite 'the'.
For these exercises we are not including: Partitive, Negative or Zero articles.
Use the instructions in the
"How to Use English Articles in Sentences" lesson
Select the correct article to complete the sentence.
1. ___ Articles Card 1 contains three English articles.
2. ___ children knew ___ fastest way home.
3. English grammar has rules and ___ set of exemptions.
4. __ English sentence contains ___ idea or ___ complete thought.
5. ___ indefinite article indicates that its noun is not yet __ particular one.
6. She had __ house so large that __ cartographer would get lost without ___ map.
7. Articles specify __ grammatical definiteness of ___ noun, in some languages extending to volume or numerical scope.
8. Among ___ classical parts of speech, articles are considered ___ special category of adjectives.
9. Some modern linguists prefer to classify all ___ articles within ___ separate part of speech called determiners.
10. ___ obligatory nature of English language articles makes them among ___ most used words.
11. I will visit ___ friend of mine in ___ United States.
12. At 10 this morning there was ___ phone call from your brother.
13. ___ Eat Pray Love book became ___ movie.
14. I watch ___ news on TV every morning.
15. I was ___ only person who had ___ umbrella at the time.
16. ___ few people will remain here until ___ end.
17. She likes to do gardening on ___ weekend.
18. We should make sure if ___ information we have is correct.
19. I bought these shoes at ___ sale.
20. I visit my grandparents at least once ___ year.
The Sentence Master word cards can be used as an English language: game, quiz, exercise, assignment, test,
exam, puzzle, competition, practice questions, practice problems, skill assessment or evaluation tool.
The Sentence Master word cards can also be used as a basis for English language vocabulary practice, learning
new vocabulary, discussing English language context, comparing and contrasting vocabulary and meaning in sentences.
Sentence Master Games Free Online Contact Information
info (at) sentencemaster (dot) ca
Sentence Master Practice Word Cards
You can practice writing millions of English sentences.
You can practice with your friends, family and classmates.
Go to the Sentence Master Writing Exercises to see the free practice one-card, two-card, three and four
word card exercises, the free Sentence Master practice challenges and the more advanced Grid Quiz. You
can see the many ways that Sentence Master practice word cards will help learn or teach English
vocabulary, grammar, language comprehension and writing skills. You probably have additional ideas
how to use Sentence Master word cards to practice English language skills.
You get: 400 practice word cards which includes: Conjunction Cards, Article Cards, Verb Cards, Noun Cards,
Pronoun Cards, Preposition Cards, Adverb Cards, Adjective Cards and some free bonus word cards.
Buy your own set of Sentence Master Practice Word Cards.
Use the Paypal button to complete your purchase and we will mail your set right away!!