Preposition Writing Exercises
English Language Grammar, Vocabulary and Writing Practice
Select the correct preposition to complete the sentence.
1. Why don't we talk (PREPOSITIONS CARD 23) this topic?
2. I arrived (PREPOSITIONS CARD 22) the building (PREPOSITIONS CARD 17) (PREPOSITIONS CARD 1 ) the bank.
3. The lecture is (PREPOSITIONS CARD 29) my understanding.
4. I stopped (PREPOSITIONS CARD 24) (PREPOSITIONS CARD 1 ) Detroit.
5. We must take him (PREPOSITIONS CARD 2) account.
6. Keep (PREPOSITIONS CARD 27) the grass.
7. It's important (PREPOSITIONS CARD 1 ) deal (PREPOSITIONS CARD 10) your stress.
8. That rumor was spreading (PREPOSITIONS CARD 11) the country.
9. He missed the train (PREPOSITIONS CARD 2) five minutes.
10. Many people applied (PREPOSITIONS CARD 1) that job (PREPOSITIONS CARD 1 ) the company.
11. Yuko was leaning (PREPOSITIONS CARD 21) the wall.
12. I will be back (PREPOSITION CARD 16) an hour.
13. This air plane flies (PREPOSITIONS CARD 21 ) Toronto (PREPOSITION CARD 10) Vancouver.
14. Let's move (PREPOSITIONS CARD 18) the next topic.
15. I'm getting (PREPOSITIONS CARD 12) (PREPOSITIONS CARD 10) my sister.
16. I would like (PREPOSITIONS CARD 21 ) see the town from a air plane far (PREPOSITIONS CARD 14).
17. I looked (PREPOSITIONS CARD 26) the meaning (PREPOSITIONS CARD 21 ) the word (PREPOSITIONS CARD 21 ) a dictionary.
18. We could get (PREPOSITIONS CARD 3) the task.
19. What do you do (PREPOSITIONS CARD 5) the day?
20. (PREPOSITIONS CARD 16) this region, we can see flocks (PREPOSITIONS CARD 21 ) birds flying (PREPOSITIONS CARD 21) the south.
The Sentence Master word cards can be used as an English language: game, quiz, exercise, assignment, test,
exam, puzzle, competition, practice questions, practice problems, skill assessment or evaluation tool.
The Sentence Master word cards can also be used as a basis for English language vocabulary practice, learning
new vocabulary, discussing English language context, comparing and contrasting vocabulary and meaning in sentences.
Links to English Writing Exercise Answers
Link to Sentence Master English grammar one word card writing exercise answers.
Link to Sentence Master English grammar 2, 3 and 4 Word Card writing exercise answers.
Sentence Master Practice Word Cards
Practice your English with friends, family and classmates. Play writing games and have fun while learning. Use
the practice word cards to create millions of English sentences, clauses and phrases.
You can buy the Blueprint for English eBook which includes the practice word cards and download it right away at Lulu.
Use this link - Yes it is faster and cheaper and includes more.
You get: SentenceMaster Conjunction Cards, Article Cards, Verb Cards, Noun Cards,
Pronoun Cards, Preposition Cards, Adverb Cards, Adjective Cards and some free bonus word cards.
Sentence Master Game Information
Sentence Master Rules -
Sentence Master Contests -
Practice Word Cards
English Language Writing Grammar Vocabulary Practice
Writing Exercises -
Sentence Challenges -
Sentence Grid Quiz -
Celebrity Sentences -
Answers Part 1 -
Answers Part 2
English Language Education Links
How to Write Sentences -
Grammar Glossary -
Grammar Summary -
Study English Links -
Education Links -
Sentence Master Site Information
Sentence Master Home -
Page Directory -
Text Sitemap -
News Blog -