SentenceMaster Four & Five Word Card Exercises
English Grammar, Vocabulary and Writing Practice
Please select the correct adjectives, nouns, adverbs and verbs to complete the sentence.
1. I want to be (ADVERBS CARD 37) clear - You should (VERBS CARD 14) your (ADJECTIVES CARD 40) (NOUNS CARD 62) .
2. The (NOUNS CARD 27) was (ADVERBS CARD 5) (ADJECTIVES CARD 25) to (VERBS CARD 1) by (NOUNS CARD 12).
3. Those (NOUNS CARD 96) (VERBS CARD 43) us (ADJECTIVES CARD 39) lessons of (NOUNS CARD 3) (ADVERBS CARD 29).
4. I fell (ADVERBS CARD 4) and (VERBS CARD 52) a (ADJECTIVES CARD 30) nose on the (NOUNS CARD 1) to home.
5. I (VERBS CARD 52) (ADJECTIVES CARD 35) (NOUNS CARD 79) from her when I (ADVERBS CARD 21) had to have it.
6. Her (NOUNS CARD 9) (VERBS CARD 58) to (ADJECTIVES CARD 11) (ADVERBS CARD 46) when she heard about it.
7. Your (ADJECTIVES CARD 50) (NOUNS CARD 76) will (VERBS CARD 37) your (NOUNS CARD 37) with others (ADVERBS CARD 43).
8. They (VERBS CARD 8) an (NOUNS CARD 7) to an (ADVERBS CARD 9) (ADJECTIVES CARD 24) marriage of (ADVERBS CARD 10) 20 (NOUNS CARD 1).
9. Japan and the United States (VERBS CARD 99) a (ADJECTIVES CARD 44) (NOUNS CARD 37) (ADVERBS CARD 45).
10. (ADJECTIVES CARD 42) food (ADVERBS CARD 15) (VERBS CARD 1) a lot of (NOUNS CARD 57) in it.
The Sentence Master word cards can be used as an English language: game, quiz, exercise, assignment,
test, exam, puzzle, competition, practice questions, practice problems, skill assessment or evaluation tool.
The Sentence Master word cards can also be used as a basis for English language vocabulary practice,
learning new vocabulary, discussing English language context, comparing and contrasting vocabulary and meaning in sentences.
Link to the Sentence Master Four-Card English language writing exercises part 2.
Special Note for ESL English as a Second Language Teachers
Using the practice word cards in this challenge format is an excellent method of focusing the student's
attention on the 1 to 40 words in use. Teachers can confirm that the students know the various functions of the words
by parts of speech. Any missing information can be an excellent opportunity for teaching vocabulary, language comprehension and context.
Teachers can use the Sentence Master practice word cards to teach the 1000 most used core English language words and
demonstrate the wide variety of context variations used in written English communication.
After the students have mastered the creation of many sentences using the original six word cards - you can replace
one or more cards, add some cards or start with six new cards. When students need additional complexity and advanced
skills practice there are 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, word challenges and the grid quiz.
Using the practice word cards can help ESL English teachers focus attention, stage the learning step by step,
expand vocabulary, teach grammar, context, and comprehension and even have some fun.
Online Business, ESL and English Classes
COVID 19 has eliminated most in-person classroom ESL, English & Business English classes.
The online classes can be designed for individual students or groups of students.
Classes use combinations of zoom, whatsapp, facetime, text, voip, email and other platforms.
Students will be level tested to determine what English skills and vocabulary have been acquired and what instruction should be provided.
A study plan and goals will be set for the students or groups.
All online teachers are Canadian certified and experienced teachers.
Students can use their self-isolation and quarantine time to study online.
Online Business, ESL and English Classes
Sentence Master Site Information
Sentence Master Home -
Mobile Home -
Page Directory -
Text Sitemap -
News Blog -
Sentence Master Game Information
Sentence Master Rules -
Sentence Master Contests -
Practice Word Cards
English Language Writing Grammar Vocabulary Practice
Writing Exercises -
Sentence Challenges -
Sentence Grid Quiz -
Celebrity Sentences -
Answers Part 1 -
Answers Part 2
English Language Education Links
How to Write Sentences -
Grammar Glossary -
Grammar Summary -
Study English Links -
Education Links -